Mustard Greens with Onions, Tomatoes and Chiles
- 2 lb. mustard greens or collards, washed, stems removed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut into ½-inch squares
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 small dried red chilies or several pinches red pepper flakes
- Steam the greens over boiling water for roughly 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and cook them over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and chilies.
- Add salt to taste and cook for another minutes, then add the greens.
- Mix everything together and cook until the greens are thoroughly warmed.
- Check to see if the greens need additional salt and add if needed.
- Add a splash of vinegar and serve.